"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self confidence." Robert Frost
- For students to leave the workshop with some actual prewriting that they can use when they draft their personal statements.
- For students to clearly understand the directions/requirements of the personal statement application (UC, USC) This entails understanding the importance of following the instructions and paying attention to detail.
- For students to understand the importance of the audience for the Personal Statement: explain personal struggles in a positive light, avoid “poor little me,” and to understand the benefit of using college representatives as readers.
- For students to understand what not to do on their Personal Statement.
- For student to understand the importance of time management when writing the personal statement and the benefit of multiple drafts and revision.